Cookbook cafe in Intercontinental hotel London UK?

Q. Hey has anyone eaten in the cookbook cafe in the Intercontinental hotel London? If so did u enjoy it?

A. It's a decent option for breakfast / brunch (which is served buffet-style) if you're staying in the hotel or nearby, but otherwise I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there. It's best suited for dining during the day, not a special evening meal. Service can be slow.

You can read some reviews here:

http://www.london-eating.co.uk/28347.htm
http://www.toptable.co.uk/venues/restaurants/?id=3796

If you're looking for a nice breakfast / brunch spot, check out the places on these lists:

http://www.london-eating.co.uk/occasions/breakfast.asp
http://www.london-eating.co.uk/occasions/brunch.asp

Which area in Boston is affordable to live in and accessible to InterContinental Boston hotel?
Q. I am in the process of applying for an internship at the InterContinental Boston hotel. Based on my research, it is right by Financial District and Boston Harbor. It is also close to the South Station stop. Could you please recommend an area in Boston where I can rent an affordable apartment/room (I'm on student budget) while staying close to the hotel or MBTA stations so I can get to work easily? I don't have a car.

A. A car wouldn't do you any good anyway in that part of Boston. Boston is expensive, particularly for short-term internships. Consider a roommate situation or a sublet. Your best bet might be the Northeastern University area or their housing office. (Northeastern does co-ops, so they are experts at short-term.) NEU is also on the Orange Line, which goes to the Financial District.

T access means that quite a number of good student rental areas in other cities are open to you. Check Craigslist for Central Square Cambridge, UMass Boston area, Quincy (all Red Line). Medford or Malden Center, Ruggles Station (on the Northeastern University side ONLY, avoid Roxbury. These are Orange Line, which you can get at Downtown Crossing or State).

South Station is also the terminus for many of the commuter Rail lines, with frequent service to other suburbs, and a number of buses.

How much on average do you spend just for one person travelling international?
Q. With hotel+airfare included?

I went on a trip to Manila Philippines and stayed at the intercontinental hotel. The hotel for 3 weeks costs me $4600 + $1200 airfare.

And I couldn't believe the prices are so high, but hey I only have one vacation per year, might as well live life right?

(I have no kids and proud to be single thats why I can afford this lol)

A. I find it to be best to purchase your tickets say... ten months ahead or something like that, when the season isn't busy. I purchased a ticket from Vancouver, Canada - London, UK - Rome, Italy for only $1060 (adult price). I'm leaving in August 2012 and I bought it in September 2011. Pretty much 11 months ago! I usually pay for just the ticket - around $1200, like you said. This was the first time in my life that I found a ticket for so cheap. I guess what you have to do is book it early! It's a hassle to wait that long, knowing you have a plane ticket, but I save about $600, considering the prices now in June & July. I haven't stayed in a hotel for a long while. I visited Montenegro (a popular beach attraction all over) and I find it's much cheaper to find someone who is renting out rooms in their house. There are a lot of those, considering this place is only famous for the seaside, etc. I paid about 30 euros a day, no bedbugs or anything. Decent place!

Have a great time flying on your next 'annual' vacation! ;)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments