Hotel Reservations via National Phone Number, Hotels Charged For That?

Q. do hotels pay extra for reservations booked on the national reservation lines? So if I call 1-800-days-inn, will they pay for that service, versus booking directly with the hotel? I want to know because I called the hotel direct and they gave me a run around about rack rates etc, and I called the national reservation line and easily booked my AAA discount room. I'm hoping they pay for their stupidity.

A. I don t understand your question.

However, it is very very often that rooms are cheaper via travel agent and travel website.

The reason is because they buy thousands of rooms to the hotel...in exchange the hotel gives huge disccount to the agent or website..and the discounts are then passed on the customers.

The new website: Hotel Comparator
http://www.hotelcomparator.co.uk/

is particular y aggressive on price at the moment.

I hope I've answered your questions ?!?!?!

Can a hotel charge a fee to a lost debit card?
Q. I recently lost my debit card and had to get a new one. I am sure my card number will be changed when I receive it. Can it still be charged by companies still charge that card (such as hotels bookings, direct bill payments, Amazon account for books I have pre-ordered, ect)? Do I need to contact ALL those companies or update that info online, or will it automatically route to my new card number?

A. You need to tell everyone. The old card number will be declined.

Can I get a travel agent rate on a suite at the Hilton Homewood suites at the Columbus Ohio airport?
Q. If so I do I go about it. I called the hotel direct and the person who answered didn't know.

A. Not unless you are a Certified Travel Agent - have an IATA card. Even if you are doesn't mean there would be a Travel Agent Discount, as they don't apply at all hotels/airlines/car rentals/etc.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments