Is It legal on my vacation to Florida to rent to different hotel rooms and leave my 13 year old son alone?

Q. Is It legal on my vaction to Flordia to rent 2 differnt hotel rooms and leave my 13 year old son alone by himself in one of those rooms while I stay In a differnt room? I will be checking on him often and or calling him. The rooms will be close together and in the same building.
the current condo I have a time share at is full up and we can not get rooms that are together
like I said I will be checking on him often.

A. It may or may not be legal. You might be better off looking for a 2 bedroom hotel room or an efficiency hotel room with a sofa bed and a separate bedroom. You will probably pay about the same in doing so. Why take a chance on being arrested for child neglect, abuse or worse yet if your child got in some sort of trouble without you being there to assist. You are the parent and you would be held accountable. I would not risk it.

Why do hotel rooms always have bibles? When did the tradition start?
Q. I just stayed at a nice hotel and just happened to open one of the drawers and found a bible donated by the "Gideons." Why is there bibles in hotel rooms?

A. The Gideons are a non-profit group who exist for the purpose of providing Bibles. They're good people who do a great work. Hotel rooms have Bibles because the Gideons provide them free of charge. Soldiers have Bibles for the same reason.

Why do hotel rooms cost different prices on different sites?
Q. I found alot of cheap hotel rooms but when i looked them up on different sites , it gave me different prices for the same type of room and the same dates? why is this ? is it possible to book tickets with a fake website?then be told that my reciept is invalid when arriving at the hotel? would be really greatful for any answers!

A. Hotels "sell" some rooms to various online booking sites, and these sites are then able to sell the rooms to you at whatever cost they want.

So -- let's say Hotel X has 20 rooms available for 1 night. They may sell 10 rooms to hotels.com. The hotel sells its 10 rooms for $100/night, and hotels.com will sell them for $95/night. You may find that the hotel will mark down their rates to $90 if they realize those rooms might not sell (and go empty).

But, be careful and closely read the TOTAL prices -- some sites don't show you the final cost (taxes/fees) until the very end of the booking process (so, the room looks cheap at the beginning, but ends up the same or more expensive than other sites when you actually pay).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments