How do I report a hotel in Amsterdam with a bed bug infestation?

Q. Stayed at a small hotel in Amsterdam, July 2006. I found bed bugs all over my bed on the second night of my stay. Returned home with red sores from bites all over my body. No compensation from hotel, and manager actually stated that the bugs came in through an open window. I have seen bed bugs before in New York City, these were bigger and in much greater numbers. I am concerned that the hotel was so quick to deny any problem and I can only imagine how many other travelers will run into the same problem. Hotel Rainbow Palace - Amsterdam.

A. You might want to contact the "Koninklijk Horeca Nederland" (Royal Hotel & Restaurant Association The Netherlands)

Koninklijk Horeca Nederland
Pelmolenlaan 10
3447 GW Woerden
Postbus 566
3440 AN Woerden
Telefoon 0348 - 489489
Fax 0348 - 489400
E-mail: info@horeca.org

Good luck!

What's the cheapest way from Amsterdam airport to your hotel?
Q. After flying in to Schipol, what is the best way to get to our hotel? We are staying far west, at the HEM Hotel Amsterdam, Voorburgstrat 220.
Is there a tram that runs? Or a shuttle?
We planned on taking a taxi but I have heard they can be dangerous and expensive.

A. There are trams and buses. You might have to transfer and walk a couple of blocks. Check with the hotel for the most efficient combination for the time of day you are arriving.

You might want to use public transit to get around during your stay, so it won't hurt to get to know how to use it right from the start.

I would take transit even if it meant I had to walk a few blocks. But my luggage has wheels, and I am always traveling on a tight budget.

What are you favorite hotels and restaurants in central Amsterdam? And why?
Q. My husband and I are looking for a pleasant hotel in central Amsterdam - we'll be travelling there at the end of April, and it's our first trip to Amsterdam. Our budget isn't high -- under 200 Euros a night. And we're travelling by train, so we'd like our accommodation to be fairly close to the train station.

A. The Victoria hotel is a good hotel and you can stay there from 100 euros a night. It's right across the train station.

http://www.hotels.nl/amsterdam/victoria/

I wouldn't recommend the restaurants near the central station. I used to work there and I know what the kitchens look like and that isn't pleasant ;)
There are many nice restaurants nearby though, the hotel can also give you information on that.

Enjoy your trip.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments